Saturday, January 19, 2008

Snow Ride...

Today I rode up Hakoni Mountain, it was unusually warm and sunny. The max temp at sea level was 8C which would make it -2C at the top I managed the climb in shorts and a ride jersey, but as soon as I stopped at the summit I put every bit of clothing on I was carrying. 3 pairs of gloves, 2 arm warmers a neck warmer, an ear warmer/head band, a ride cap, 2 pair of socks, a pair of long ride pants, some toe covers, a pair of boot covers…and a jacket !!! After an hour of descending, with just a few sections of snow that I had to walk, I was back in Odawara, a little numb but pleased with my first ride in snow…. Unfortunately the battery in my camera couldn't handle the cold so I have posted these pics instead..





Here is the first ice on the road up to Hakoni....



Its a model of one of the 190something temples in Odawara area....

No comments: